This policy provides the following:
- What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect and how does Stanley Black & Decker use this information?
- What information is collected by Stanley Black & Decker on its social media pages?
- Does Stanley Black & Decker share your information with other third parties?
- How do I stop Stanley Black & Decker from sending me marketing email in the future?
- What about Stanley Black & Decker's links to other sites?
- How do we secure your information on our Websites?
- Where should you direct your questions?
What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect and how does Stanley Black & Decker use this information?
Of course by visiting our Websites, you are under no obligation to provide any personal information to Stanley Black & Decker. However the information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on our Websites.
You may choose not to provide certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
- The type of personal information we request from you may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, as well as information related to customer satisfaction surveys, customer purchasing habits and other purchasing information, including registration of products purchased. If you are using one of our websites, microsites or mobile apps that allows purchases and you decide to make a purchase, we also collect credit card information so that we can complete your purchase.
- The email address you provide when making a purchase will be used both to send you a confirmation and to send you marketing emails as well. If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, please see “How do I stop Stanley Black & Decker from sending me marketing email in the future?” discussed below.
- Our Websites allow you to contact us directly with questions or comments regarding our products, services, Websites, warranty registration, surveys, contests, polls and emails. This process requires you to give certain personal information so that we may address your inquiry.
- We may conduct promotional sweepstakes or other contests on our Websites, which require personal information to be provided to qualify for participation in the promotion or contest.
- In an effort to continually improve our products and services, we may use your personal information to conduct Stanley Black & Decker market research and online surveys. This may include contacting recent and/or past visitors of our Websites who have provided personal information to Stanley Black & Decker.
- And we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information so we can personalize your experience with us and our communications to you. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Personal Information Collected If You Allow Us to Access Your Personal Information Through One of Your Social Media Accounts On Social Media Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Others (“Personal Social Media Accounts”)
- Stanley Black & Decker may allow you to use your Personal Social Media Account information to provide us information requested when you participate in features on our Website, but we will specifically ask your permission prior to use of such information. If you chose to provide us information through your Personal Social Media Accounts, Stanley Black & Decker could collect some, and possibly all, of the data indicated on the Request for Permission screen that you click to grant us permission to collect this information.
- This information could include: your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status, and any other information you have shared with everyone on your Personal Social Media Accounts. Please keep in mind that your Personal Social Media Accounts may change the types of information that may be accessed when you use this process to provide us information, so you should carefully review the Request for Permission from your Personal Social Media Accounts prior to using this method of providing information to our Website. It is also possible that Stanley Black & Decker will be able to continue to collect this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology:
- We collect navigational information such as browser type and version; the service provider used to access our Websites; whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites; and for visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Websites. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Websites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message and is used to collect the same type of information as collected by cookies.
- We may receive a confirmation through use of technology when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email. This helps us make our emails more useful and interesting.
- Our web servers may automatically monitor the number of visitors, the average time spent on the site, the popularity of our Websites, and any programming errors or failures on any of our Websites in order to determine the effectiveness of the Stanley Black & Decker Websites.
How We Use Information Gathered Through Technology:
- Information gathered through technology allows us to determine such things as which parts of our Websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our Websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Websites. Cookies are also used to keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, and to tell us whether you have visited our Websites in the past.
- With knowledge we obtain through technology, we can improve the quality of our visitors’ experience on our Websites and through our emails by recognizing and delivering more of the most desired features and information, determining how to best direct visitors to our Websites, and, in some cases, resolving access difficulties. Information we collect through cookies or technology may be combined with other personal information you provide to us on our Websites.
Personal information may be collected directly by Stanley Black & Decker through Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting the Stanley Black & Decker Social Media Page.
- The social media sites where Stanley Black & Decker has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Stanley Black & Decker about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties, except as noted here. We do share personal information with our affiliates so that they can provide information to you about their products.
We also use and disclose your information to third party service providers in order to facilitate your purchase, to assist in servicing your products, to help you exchange your products, and to provide and improve our communications with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Stanley Black & Decker may share aggregate data about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related site information with third parties. None of this data is connected to an individual’s personal information.
Please note that Stanley Black & Decker may be required to cooperate with a court order or other legal process and will provide your personal information to the extent required in any legal proceeding. We also release account and other personal information when we believe such release is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of our Websites, our users or others.
If Stanley Black & Decker were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if it acquires another business entity or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and it may also be retained by Stanley Black & Decker.
If you have previously given your personal information to us and no longer want to be contacted by Stanley Black & Decker via email for marketing purposes, you may opt-out by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. Please be aware, however, even if you opt-out you may still receive emails related to operational or transactional messages or surveys, such as email confirmations of your online orders or customer service communications.
We may add external links to other Websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content that may be on such linked sites. Additionally, the existence of any external link does not suggest that Stanley Black & Decker endorses the linked company, product or service.
We take the following security measures:. If you are using one of our Websites with an online store, we designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information while it is being transmitted to us. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Websites. We also use firewalls and other technical, administrative and physical measures to protect the information that you provide to us.
While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
CLICK HERE and enter your question.
Or call 800-544-6986 | Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM EST
Last Updated: July 2013